Sunday, October 23, 2005

Possibilities

It’s a Sunday morning. The sun is shinning, but there is a cool, crisp, nip to the gentle breeze out of the north. Normally a good morning to get out for a little motorcycle ride, but my bike is still in the shop! I knew that getting I back on Friday was going to be iffy, but I had assumed that they would have it ready for a Saturday pickup, but no such luck. I asked what the hold up was, and was only told that there was just more to do than first thought. I assume he meant in the shop and not working on my bike. He promised my bike would be ready tomorrow afternoon. I would sure like to be out riding right now!

I just got off the phone with my dad. He’s down at Barber’s Vintage Festival with my brother Mike and Joe Anderson from Joe’s Cycle shop. Sounds like they are having a good time. I really wish I could have gone down with them. Maybe if this job thing doesn’t work out in my favor I can move back home and do something. It would be nice to be back near my family. I would have space to allow my kids to enjoy the things I did growing up. Playing on dirt bikes in the woods, hunting, and guns. All things I just can’t offer them as past times up here in Maryland, but all things they love to do when they get to go to “Big Momma’s” and “Big Daddy’s” house in the summers.

Maybe I could do something Motorcycle related back home. I would kill to be in the motorcycle industry in some form. Maybe open a track on the land my wife inherited from her father. (He would roll over in his grave!) It would be nice to put in a road course with a motocross track. Or maybe do something small like a paved Supermoto track that comes right up to the Motocross track. Hold some go cart races too. Now, that my friends would be a great way to make a living.

Can you imagine what it would cost? Not only building the facilities, but the insurance. It’s got to be insanely high. I guess that’s out.

Maybe a dealership, dealing in the so-called “Exotic” brands like Aprilia and Ducati. Is Ducati still an Exotic? Facility, staff, bonds, franchise, and insurance… again, the cost to get started would be far beyond my humble savings account. I sure would love to do it though.
Oh well, a man can dream can’t he?

No comments: