Friday, October 28, 2005

TGIF!!!


Happy Friday!

It's Friday morning and I'm still sitting at home. This second week has been surreal. I haven't done anything around the house, and I haven't even been able to keep up with my CBT's (Computer Based Training) I'm such a bum.

I did go in to have my third attempt with the polygraph machine this morning. It went surprisingly well! The polygrapher went over my security forms, and ran me through each set of questions 3 times. He didn't baggier me or ask me "What's going through your mind when I ask you ...?" He ran the questions, said thanks for your time and we will be in touch. I asked if I did well and he said that he didn't see anything that would cause me to fail, but he was also sure to point out that he isn't the final say in the matter. For that I will have to wait another few days.

Now on to the Motorcycling front.

I got my bike back from the shop on Monday and I have been meaning to post all week, but I have been just sitting around in my house robe watching the rain and dark clouds out side. I haven't got very many miles on the jet kit yet, but I did take a short ride yesterday morning to go and pick up my wife's birthday present. The bike started in 50 degree weather with no choke. It has always been a little cold blooded in the mornings, but now it fires right up. There isn't a dead spot or jerk at the critical point right between throttle on and throttle off, and Power Wheelies are much easier. I haven't put the bike on a dyno or anything, but it's definitely got more "get up" to it's go. I was making a left hand turn onto a overpass, coming up the overpass I got on the gas pretty good since there wasn't anyone around and up came the front end. It was sweet! I then headed over to a industrial area and found a empty parking lot and tested out a few more nice first and second gear power wheelies. I can see how the stunt kids can get addicted to the rush, but I will leave such things to squids.

This weekend the weather is suppose to take a major turn for the better (as a matter of fact, it's starting today) Saturday is my wife's birthday, but Sunday I'm defiantly getting a good ride in. I really need it. I need to clear my head and nothing does that for me like a good 500 mile day on my beloved FZ1.

No comments: