Sunday, October 30, 2005

Weekend of Birthdays and Motorcycle rides

Well, the weekend is over and tomorrow it's back to worrying about work and life. It was my wife's 30 something birthday Saturday, and I have had a bad head cold for the past several days. I got her a nice gold slide for her Omega necklaces. She was happy with it and we had a good morning. Later in the afternoon she had to take care of some things with work, and I promised to clean up the house. Well... I was feeling kind of bad and I'm a little on the lazy side anyway and needless to say, I moved some stuff around, but didn't do much I would call cleaning, which pissed her off big time. She headed out again to do a little shopping and I managed to get my butt up and spend a couple of good hours really cleaning up.

We then went out to one of our favorite places, Anne Arundel Seafood. We meet up with her brother Bill and his "partner" John, and some good friends from her work. Jeff, Todd and Todd's GF Shannon. We had a great night with good food and good friends. She wanted to go out and have some drinks, and since I wasn't feeling good I went ahead and brought the kids home. Her brother and John dropped her off back at the house really early, about 12:30. Seems she had had enough to drink...

This morning I awoke with major sinus pressure and a sore throat, but my energy was up a little. The weather was perfect and I was wanting to go for a ride. My youngest Nate, asked to come along. Now riding with my kid on bake makes me a little tense. I fully know and understand the dangers of riding a motorcycle on the streets and the thought of him getting hurt on my bike really scares me. I have taken him around on the bike before, but never on a "real" ride. His mother suggested that I take him and helped him find some gloves and boots and a good jacket so what could I say. His mom's helmet fit him well, so I let him come along.

I started the ride sticking close to home on a couple of the very few back roads around here that aren't clogged with traffic or have a driveway every few feet. We eventually made or way out to Howard county and a good tour of some of the back roads over that way. He made me proud, but he gave me a work out. He keep leaning from side to side in order to see around me, it was a constant battle to hold my line, but we had fun. I asked what he thought the best part was of the ride, and he said "Getting to go!"

I hope your weekend was as good as mine...
Jon

No comments: