Friday, October 21, 2005

Ramblings


Not much to report today. It's cold and wet outside. The kids where out of school today, but we all just sat around the house watching TV and getting on each other nerves mostly. I call MRP to find out how my bike was coming along and to see if it would in fact be ready to pick up tonight. No such luck, which doesn't surprise me, but I did find disappointing.

Still no word form my company about when I can get back to work. I have been out for a week now and I haven't heard a thing. I have know idea whom I'm going to be billing this down time to, but I'm billing someone.

I guess I haven't really gone into the story here.

I work for a consultant firm I have been with them ever since I got out of the Navy about a year ago. My client requires a polygraph and background check before you can gain access to the facility. Since I had access in the Navy for the past 5 years, they allowed me to continue working as a contractor wile I waited for the security stuff to get worked out. Well, the background check and investigation went through fine, but the polygraph has been hard. Believe me, it's not that I'm trying to lie, I can't afford too.

I have establish my life here to be near this client. I have moved my family, relocated my kids, bought a house and pretty much put everything into working for this client. I knew going in that a polygraph was going to be required and I had full confidence that I would pass it. I haven't done anything that would deny me access to the client, the poly wasn't suppose to be an issue.

Well here we are a year latter and I am now without access to my client. I have no idea what I will do without the access. I mean I make about 3 times the rate I would on the "out side". Without access I'm sunk. So far I still haven't gotten a re-test date. Talk about stressing out. I don't know who to bill or anything. I have done a few "CBT's" (Computer Based Training) wile I wait, but they are hard with all the distractions around the house. That and the wife doesn't understand that I feel a need to remain productive in my workplace, even if that's just sitting at the computer working on training courses and praying for a email.

No comments: